1. Macadamia Nut Cookie
- 225 g soft butter
- 200 g coconut sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 eggs
- 300 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 75 g desiccated coconut
- 250 g white chocolate
- 150 g macadamia nuts
1. Beat butter and shortening until soft and creamy. Gradually add the sugars and beat well.
2. Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
3. Combine flour, soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture beating well after each addition.
4. Chop chocolate and macadamia nuts. Then stir with the dough.
5. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
6. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until done. Remove to wire racks to cool.