1. FRESH BASIL PESTO WITH PARMESAN & PINE NUTS
- 80g basil
- 2 spoons pine nuts
- 100ml olive oil
- 40 g grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 10g grated pecorino cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Peel the garlic, then pound in a pestle and mortar with a pinch of salt.
2. Wash, pick, roughly chop and add the basil leaves, then bash to a paste (or pulse in a food processor).
3. Add the pine nuts to the mixture and pound again.
4. Add he parmesan andpecorino cheese , then season to perfection with salt, black pepper and olive oil.
2. Smoked Salmon Pasta with Pine Nuts
- 150g spaghetti
- 150g smoked salmon
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup cream 30%
- chopped fresh parsley or dill
- fresh ground black pepper
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
2. While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce. In a large skillet heat cream on medium heat. Add the pieces of salmon, pine nuts, then mix and cook until the mixture becomes slightly dense.
3. Add the prepared pasta to the sause, season to taste and decorate with chopped fresh parsley or dill.